Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Badminton - R10


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
The activity we played was Badminton. We had 2 players per team and about 5 minutes of playing team before we would rotate.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I give my a Merit because I worked towards my goal getting a better swing, causing the ball to go straight down, I enhanced the experience of my team mate by letting him get the fast hits because he was better lol, I showed my enjoyment of the game by being cheerful and not being a grump, and I tried my best to win all our games.
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
Well-being +, Equipment -, Friends/Classmates +
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Well-being affected my participation in a positive way because I was in a happy mood. This made me cheerful towards the game even when we had lost a point. I think it's good to always have a happy mood in situations so that positive vibes come out. An example of me being a happy chappy was when I missed a perfect hit, but didn't get angry, I was humble to myself and to the other players on court.
Equipment affected my participation because the shuttlecocks we used were either broken, deformed, or very very light. This caused our hit to be inaccurate. An example was when I served the shuttlecock, but a feather was out of place, making it uneven when going through the air, which made it go either out or in unexpectedly. It also would be hit perfectly with the right power, but still not make it over the net.
Friends/Classmates affected my participation in a positive way because they helped me when I was unable to hit the shuttle. An example was when my racket was in my left hand (knowing I'm right-handed) but my team mate knew it was my weak point so he hit the shuttle instead.
  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future? Something I would do to increase my participation is by finding my weaknesses in the game such as hitting with both hands properly, and work on towards it so I could gradually become better at it. This will make me confident and increase my participation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment