Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

Chop Sticks - R1


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.

Chop Sticks is a game similar to Capture the Flag. Instead of a flag/cone, we had to steal a hockey puck, and without picking up with our hands, we had to use two hockey sticks. To take the puck we had to pick the puck up like chop sticks (with our two hockey sticks) and go to our side of the court, without being tagged by the opponent.


  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)

I give myself a Merit because I did things relating to the marking criteria such as I tried my best when this was a new game, I helped others out when they were stuck on something like how to hold onto the puck, working towards my goal by stealing at least 3 pucks on the other side, and being motivated when I set myself a goal to achieve.

  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).

Competition +, Fun/Enjoyment +, Well-being -


  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Competition affected my participation in a positive way because the puck wasn't easy to get when attacking, it was challenging, which I like in games. An example of having Competition when I was attacking for the ball, but I got tagged by the opponent.
Fun/Enjoyment affected my participation in a positive way because the game wasn't boring, so it made me want to play. An example of having Fun/Enjoyment was when we laughed throughout the game.
Well-being affected my participation in a negative way because I was tired. I didn't want to play but I made myself play. An example of this was when I let the player get the puck, instead of tagging him.

  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
To sleep early the night before, so I won't be tired for our practical. This will give a positive affect in my participation because I am wide awake instead of being drowsy and sleepy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you think of any specific examples from the success criteria I shared with you that relates to your achievement level? For future reflections, I would suggest possibly using that success criteria to help grade yourself and to explain why you gave yourself a certain grade. I like how you have been honest when exploring what affected your participation, especially how you were tired and then explained how getting more sleep would have affected your participation. I wonder whether challenge would have been a positive influencer rather than competition? Overall, great first reflection Autymn! Miss D

Moli said...

What I liked about your blog was that it had nice picture & A awesome explanation. What I learn from this post was about how the game goes & how you play it & that I could try it with my family/friends. Feed back is that you could use more pictures ?.

Post a Comment