Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Benchball - R4


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
Benchball is a game similar to dodge ball and capture the flag. The aim is to get to the other side without being tagged, but before you are able to run and get safely to the other side, you must successfully pass the ball to another team-mate who is already on the other side, or the safe-zone. There are 3 balls involved, colour bans and cones to mark off each half of the court.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I give myself an Achieved because I did most of the things that are on the marking criteria such as, being organised and prepared (bringing my gear) for Benchball, being actively involved in the task (not sitting out of the game because I didn't wanna play), and attempting to improve my level of performance (getting to the other side of the court).

  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).

Fun/Enjoyment +, Previous Experiences +, Well-being -
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Fun/Enjoyment affected my participation in a positive way because it was an enjoyable way of playing two games at the same time with a twist. An example of Fun/Enjoyment was when I could get tagged, but not wait in jail as if we do in Capture the flag.
Previous Experiences affected my participation in a positive way because I knew the basics for Dodge ball and Capture the Flag. It was even better when the skills that I knew were combined for this one game. An example of showing my skills from Previous Experiences was when I caught the fast throws because of all the other Dodge ball games I've played.
Well-being affected my participation in a negative way because I was a little tired to play. An example of this was when I sitting on the other side, I kept yawning which distracted me from catching the other players. If I went to sleep the night before this would not have been a negative affect on my participation.

  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?

I could increase my participation by sleeping early the night before a 1.1PA. This could make my well-being active and not so tired so that I can play more. I could also increase my peers participation by asking if they are okay, giving them a little encouragement to play more. This will affect both me and my classmates participation in a positive way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great description of the game Autymn, can you remember how to win the game? For your grading, if you think you were participating at a high level, what was stopping you from being at a Merit level? Remember it is an overall grade, because in some lessons you won't be able to demonstrate everything on the marking criteria. You have given great examples and reflected on how they have impacted your participation, especially your lack of sleep. One small tip to increase your reflection further, would be to include the 'why' - such as why not having to wait in a jail affected your enjoyment and participation. Love the photo - double check the size :) Miss D

Unknown said...

Something positive is that I liked the way you explained all the questions very well with specific information.

Something this made me think about is when we were playing I remember playing on the same team and this game was very enjoyable to play.

Feedback/feed forward some feedback that I think could help you is that like you said you should probably make sure you get plenty of sleep and save your energy for it. Some feed forward that could help is next time try your best to keep happy and a good well-being for an assessment like this and nice job

Post a Comment