Pages

Thursday 25 May 2017

Softball - R5


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
Softball is a game just like hit and run, but the difference is that there are 3 bases before you can get to home. The purpose is to get to home base before you get touched by the ball. To not get touched by the ball, you either can bat the ball as far as you can within the diamond, or get your team mate to bat the ball himself. There are 3 strikes before you can get out.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I give myself a Merit because throughout the game, I worked hard towards my goal was to get to home 3 times, I showed that I was enjoying the game by wanting to have another bat, I was motivated and reliable towards my team mates, and I supported the development of others by giving them feedback when either it was their turn to pitch, field, or bat.

  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
Environment +, Friends/Classmates +, Skill Level +
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Environment affected my participation in a positive way because it was a sunny day, therefore gave me a happy mood to play. If it was raining while we played, there wouldn't be happy vibes to play, which would affect my participation.
Friends/Classmates affected my participation in a positive way because my friends were encouraging when playing, which made everyone want to play. Encouragement is a good way to start positive vibes when playing.
Skill Level affected my participation in a positive way because I have played Softball many times before this 1.1A. It was good to know the basics of Softball because I was able to show these skills I've learnt throughout the game.
  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
I way I could increase my peers participation, is by asking them why they're not wanting to play, then try and convince them to play. For example, if Jayden was to feel like not playing, I would ask him why he feels this way, then hopefully try and change it, making him wanting to play.

2 comments:

Jayden said...

good work, keep it up

kori said...

good work but you need to read over in some places on your work and i liked the way you said you were motivated for your team mates.

Post a Comment